Let flex handle the input stack (issue 563560043 by address@hidden)

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Let flex handle the input stack (issue 563560043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 06:21:08 -0800

Reviewers: ,

https://codereview.appspot.com/563560043/diff/567260043/aclocal.m4
File aclocal.m4 (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/563560043/diff/567260043/aclocal.m4#newcode556
aclocal.m4:556: # check for yyFlexLexer.yypop_buffer_state () since flex
2.5.29
Random thought: Do we want to check for features introduced in 2003 or
can we just assume that we never come across ancient versions that don't
support this?

https://codereview.appspot.com/563560043/diff/567260043/lily/lexer.ll
File lily/lexer.ll (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/563560043/diff/567260043/lily/lexer.ll#newcode753
lily/lexer.ll:753: <maininput>{ANY_CHAR} {
David, you added this code in commit 6b0ff05318 ("Make lexer more robust
against unexpected EOF"). Do you have an idea what I have to do to end
up in this code path? I didn't manage to trigger so far :-( I think that
the new code is equivalent to the old one, but would prefer to check on
an example.

Let flex handle the input stack

This requires at least flex 2.5.29 released in 2003.

Prior cleanups:
1) Use Includable_lexer::new_input in Lily_lexer

Only Includable_lexer::new_input (const string &, Sources *) is virtual,
the method with type (const string &, const string &, Sources *) should
not be declared.

2) Deduplicate code from Includable_lexer::new_input

Please review this at https://codereview.appspot.com/563560043/

Affected files (+41, -87 lines):
  M aclocal.m4
  M config.hh.in