Re: run-and-check: close stdin (issue 545620043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: run-and-check: close stdin (issue 545620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 15:22:43 -0800

https://blog.apokalyptik.com/2007/10/24/bash-tip-closing-file-descriptors/

> I'm surprised that make passes on the console stdin to child
processes, but it
> does appear to happen.

The default for _any_ program is to pass all open file descriptors it
receives, most certainly the standard file descriptors, on to children.
The proper fix here of course is not to close stdin but rather to run
pdflatex with -interaction batchmode (where it prints nothing on output
during the run, so you need to consult the log file in case of problems)
or with -interaction nonstopmode where it never stops for input.

https://codereview.appspot.com/545620043/