Re: converting tabs to spaces in .mf files

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: converting tabs to spaces in .mf files
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 04:58:15 -0700 (MST)

Werner LEMBERG wrote
> What do you think about converting all tabs in the .mf files to
> spaces?

I consider this a good idea.
On the one hand, we are encouraged /not/ to use tabs.  On the other hand,
however, especially mf files are full of them and I've often wondered how to
behave when modifying mf files:
It's hard not to use tabs when all the lines above and below are scattered
with tabs, and, naturally, one will carry forward the use of tabs ad
kalendas Graecas.

The only way out seems to be a full clean-up.

For that reason, *I'm quite fond of your proposal.*

Cheers,
Torsten

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html