2.20.0 release process status

From: David Kastrup
Subject: 2.20.0 release process status
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:53:54 +0100

Hi,

just so that nobody thinks we have forgotten it: the translators have
not yet completely caught up to the state of last-minute documentation
cherry-picks.  Anybody who tried translating single chapters/sections of
the various manuals should know what a humongous task maintaining a full
documentation translation must be, and those tend to be done largely by
single persons.

So I don't want to show the incredibly busy translators that actually
keep a language fully up to date up by publishing unfinished work.  Not
least of all because afterwards their focus will be on catching up with
2.21.0 so they deserve leaving 2.20 in a good state giving a fair
representation of their investment.

It's partly my fault for having cherry-picked some last-minute changes
with significant documentation impact.

So depending on the sleep schedule of the remaining translators, expect
a few more days of delay.  2.18.0 was released in December 2013.  I
think we should be able to afford a few more days to have everybody
righteously proud of what we push out.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".