Re: Issue 5773: Quarter Tones for all Languages incl. MusicXML import (i

From: torsten . haemmerle
Subject: Re: Issue 5773: Quarter Tones for all Languages incl. MusicXML import (issue 577520043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 13:56:33 -0800

@multitable column entries are for spacing purposes only.  In this case,
they contain the exceptionally long English names (independent of the
document language).

https://codereview.appspot.com/577520043/diff/555310043/Documentation/es/notation/pitches.itely
File Documentation/es/notation/pitches.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/577520043/diff/555310043/Documentation/es/notation/pitches.itely#newcode558
Documentation/es/notation/pitches.itely:558: @multitable
{@w{@code{português} o}} {@code{s}/@code{-sharp}}
{@code{f}/@code{-flat}} {@code{ss}/@code{x}/@code{-sharpsharp}}
{@code{ff}/@code{-flatflat}}
On 2020/03/01 19:54:14, dak wrote:
> I am pretty sure that those aren't the Portuguese note names here.

No, definitely not.
BUT (!) the @multitable line is just for column width spacing, thus
mostly containing the column entry meant to determine the minimum column
width.

So the @multitable columns contain the entries determining the width of
the respective column (just for spacing, they will not be printed).

In this case, the longest language column should be as wide as
"portuquês o".
The longest note name column entry in this case will be the English
names, thanks to -flatflat etc.).
In other cases, the widest @multitable spacer entries will actually be
the column title (hence the misunderstanding, I suppose).

The column *titles* to be printed are specified in the @headitem line.
They will, of course, vary in the different doc language versions.

In summary:  Everything's OK. @multitable != @headitem

Cheers,
Torsten

https://codereview.appspot.com/577520043/