Re: Does the following Python error in the musicxml tests ring a bell?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Does the following Python error in the musicxml tests ring a bell?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 21:40:22 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Montag, den 02.03.2020, 20:10 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> dev/translation-merge
>>
>> Fails at make test (at least on my system).
>
> Ah, the merge re-instantiated some code for Python 2. The following
> diff fixes 'make test' for me:

[...]

> But very please DO NOT MERGE your branch dev/translation-merge into
> master: It will pull in most of the cherry-picked commits from
> stable/2.20 which will probably render 'git bisect' useless. Not sure
> if that was done for previous releases but it certainly doesn't seem
> right for that many commits in stable/2.20 that are not in master.

This is a travesty.  I was sure that I checked out every...  every merge
conflict outside of Documentation/?? ...

Darn.  Those files weren't conflicting.

Good that we talked about it.  I'll paste over everything else outside
of Documentation/??/ that differs from master still.

If the merge commit touches nothing other than that, we should be fine,
right?