Re: config.status has been broken by issue 5780 "Accept GUILE 2 without

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: config.status has been broken by issue 5780 "Accept GUILE 2 without extra configure options"
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 11:24:50 +0100 (CET)

>> I updated my build script, see below.
>
> How did you notice that you had to?

Since I don't have guile 2.x installed the problem was immediately
visible.

>> Note that I install texi2html 1.82 and guile 1.8.8 in
>> `/uar/local/opt`.
>
> So what do you do if you also have guile-2.2 and guile-3.0 in
> /var/local/opt ?

Here is what I've replied just now in issue #5830:

  If you want to override `pkg-config`, use either the environment
  variables `GUILE_CFLAGS` and `GUILE_LIBS` or create a new directory
  for `.pc` files that gets prepended to the standard directory list
  with the `PKG_CONFIG_PATH` environment variable.  If the standard
  directory list still makes problems you can use the
  `PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR` environment variable to override that, too.

In other words, create two directories for the guile-2.2 and guile-3.0
`.pc` files and use PKG_CONFIG_PATH to prepend the needed one to the
directory search list.

    Werner