Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 07:58:23 -0700

Looks very nice, thanks!

I must admit that I've never seen such a feature before, so I can't
really comment on the actual implementation; my nits are just to improve
the documentation.

However, I wonder why you call this transition *line* and not transition
*arrow* ...

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/Documentation/notation/vocal.itely
File Documentation/notation/vocal.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/Documentation/notation/vocal.itely#newcode871
Documentation/notation/vocal.itely:871: (drawn as an arrows), which are
entered as @samp{ -> } between
Please use @samp{->}.  The additional white space doesn't make sense in
a paragraph.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly
File input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly#newcode5
input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly:5: texidoc = "Lyric
transitions run to the end of the line if it
s/Lyric transitions run/A lyric transition runs/

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly#newcode7
input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly:7: the note on the next
line. Transition lines are printed at the
Two spaces after the full stop, please.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly#newcode17
input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly:17: \new Voice =A  {
s/=A/= "A"/

I think it's better to always put identifiers into double quotes.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly#newcode22
input/regression/lyric-transition-broken.ly:22: \context Lyrics
\lyricsto A { a -> a -> ha }
s/A/"A"/

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-padding.ly
File input/regression/lyric-transition-padding.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-padding.ly#newcode3
input/regression/lyric-transition-padding.ly:3: texidoc = "Padding does
not cause LyricTransitions to become
@code{LyricTransition}s

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-padding.ly#newcode5
input/regression/lyric-transition-padding.ly:5: leaving the transition
line at minimum-length."
@code{minimum-length}

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-right-margin.ly
File input/regression/lyric-transition-right-margin.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553650043/input/regression/lyric-transition-right-margin.ly#newcode5
input/regression/lyric-transition-right-margin.ly:5: that the transition
can be drawn at minimum-length."