Re: Build docs single thread first time

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Build docs single thread first time
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:29:15 +0100

El 9/3/20 a las 21:19, Han-Wen Nienhuys escribió:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 9:07 PM Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
Sorry if it's in CG already, I could be wrong, but Doc build is not
multi-thread safe, first time at least. It uses files generated by the
build process itself.

Right?

well, the doc build uses lilypond, which is generated by the build
process, so you first have to do "make" before doing "make doc". But
that is not what you mean?

I meant doc build after the binary is made.

I regularly run "make doc" with -j4 without issues.

I used to make docs with -j7 succesfully but it always surprises me how the _first_ time it _never_ succeeds. That's why I say there _might_ be a problem with multi_threading.

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es