Re: Augmentation dots positioning

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Augmentation dots positioning
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 13:25:15 +0000

On 18/03/2020 11:54, Davide Liessi wrote:
Dear all,

in 2016 Carl Sorensen was working on improving the dot positioning
algorithm (see the thread starting at [1]), but his changes were not
added to LilyPond (I believe he never submitted them, since I couldn't
find an issue in the tracker or a commit in the repository).
I liked the results of his improvements very much [2], although the
algorithm was still not perfect (see thread starting at [3]).

Carl: is there any chance you can resurrect your patch?

Anyone with access to lilyissues: should the problems Carl was trying
to solve be added to the tracker?

Best wishes.
Davide

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-09/msg00273.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-10/msg00561.html
[3] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-11/msg00038.html

The thread spills into the Bug list, via Werner and from that I can see we created

(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2016-09/msg00057.html)

Thanks

James