Running fixcc.py

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Running fixcc.py
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 16:26:35 +0100

Hi,

it got a bit lost in other things, but I think I would want to run
fixcc.py right now, reformatting the C++ stuff (it doesn't help with the
conventions for template arguments but there are comparatively few of
those).

It's been run on stable already; so running on master makes future
cherry-picking less painful.

Ok?

People having patches in the C++ area will need to rebase.  I could
imagine doing that with git rebase -i, halting at every step, running
fixscm, committing, reverting that commit (except for the last) and
continuing.

Afterwards you have a sequence of

Revert _my_ fixscm commit
commit
fixscm
revert fixscm
commit
fixscm
revert fixscm
commit
fixscm

and you do another git rebase -i and squash each sequence of "revert
fixscm, commit, fixscm" into a single commit.

That should be a conflict-free way of doing this.  But only as long as
my fixscm commit actually reverts usefully on master.

But maybe not that many patches are in the queue right now.

Ok for me to go ahead, say tomorrow?