Re: AU-1.2 Relocation

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: AU-1.2 Relocation
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:28:45 +0000

bindir/.. is the parent directory of bindir

../bindir is the directory bindir that is a child of the parent of the current
directory.

Carl

On 3/25/20, 10:27 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Jean-Charles Malahieude"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    Hi Werner,

    On my way to updating the French documentation, I read in running.itely
    (1st item of  Relocation algorithm)

    "Compute the directory where the currently executed
    @command{lilypond} binary is located.  Let's call this
    @code{bindir}.  Set (internal) environment variable
    @code{INSTALLER_PREFIX} to @file{@var{bindir}/..} (i.e., the
    parent directory of @code{bindir})."

    I wonder if "bindir/.." shouldn't be "../bindir" (my parents being up in
    the genealogy).

    Would you mind confirming my assumption?
    If "../bindir" is the right spelling, I'll change it on Translation's
    branch and it will be merged into staging afterwards.

    Jean-Charles