Re: why was this pushed?

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: why was this pushed?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:43:37 +0000

Hello

On 25/03/2020 19:15, David Kastrup wrote:

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:40 PM Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
We don't push until the status becomes Push.  Countdown is a last
chance for reviewers to comment.
Sorry, I saw Valentin had pushed his, so I assumed this was OK.
But it was an issue by someone else.  Pushing changes of someone else
prematurely when they have not explicitly asked for it bereaves even the
original author of the ability to reconsider.

It's somewhat different taking that responsibility for changes by
oneself in circumstances warranting expedited action (like when other
important changes depend on it).

But doing so without updating issue status and without giving some
feedback with regard to the reasons for urgency is, if nothing else,
quite impolite towards the people who have to pick up the bits
afterwards and sort them into place.

I am sure Han-Wen's patches are OK (although I don't personally review code so other Devs may have wanted to comment), and the one for David was also evidently not broken - although there was at least one additional change he made (maybe two) as I discovered this while testing his 'updated' patch.

If we;re leaving master 'as is', then David will need to figure out the difference between what was checked in and his latest set of patches and maybe create a new Rietveld?

Or we could just revert the commit

--

Added vowel transitions for lyrics
author    David Stephen Grant <address@hidden>

--

and continue as before (David would still need to rebase though).

Let me know and I'll update the Tracker accordingly.

James