Re: 2.21.0 and announcements

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: 2.21.0 and announcements
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:46:07 +0000

On 3/26/20, 10:12 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of David Kastrup"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    So it's time to roll out 2.21.0 and I think the build instructions are
    ok-ish for that.  We don't clarify the relations/recommendations for
    Guile-1.8/2.x but that relation/recommendation is currently in flux and
    this is an unstable release.

    We still haven't made the "big" 2.20 announcement, and 2.21.0 being out
    would make the web page consistent with regard to stable/unstable, so
    that would seem like a good opportunity.

    Except that the web page currently is broken with some Python2/3
    problems, and that people are hitting a roadblock with MacOSX.  I think
    we should point out on our download page that the GUB-provided
    installers are _only_ for 32bit MacOSX, and that separate downloads may
    be provided elsewhere (possibly linking to Marnen's page in the hope
    that it does not get overloaded?).

I can provide a pretty robust mirror of Marnen's page if need be.  It would be
on my university server with lots of bandwidth.

Thanks,

Carl