Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 12:17:53 +0200

Am Montag, den 18.05.2020, 11:15 +0100 schrieb Kevin Barry:
> On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 10:48:55AM +0100, James Lowe wrote:
> > but how do I know? That is the nub of what I am asking. If a patch
> > is 'new'
> > how do I know that an automated make doc is 'in progress, has
> > completed with
> > errors, has completed without errors' as I am not going to bother
> > to do any
> > work on it if it is the first two cases. What is the point?
>
> The merge request list has an icon next to every merge request
> showing
> the current pipline status. There are different icons for passed,
> failed and in-progress. Is that what you want? See the merge request
> page for inkscape:
> https://gitlab.com/groups/inkscape/-/merge_requests
>
> Is the information you would like to be able to see visible there?

No, at least not at the time I looked.
What James needs is additionally an icon that states that MR is
*currently* being tested.

But that will also be visible in the interface (which Jonas addressed
with his comment that in this case you can simply skip the MR and have
a look later when it can be assumed finished.

HTH
Urs