Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 21:16:07 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2020, 19:03 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
Discussions on LilyPond development:
> I think the way forward for now is reverting above commit, even if I
> don't really like it. Unless somebody has a really clever idea how to
> 1) avoid GS producing a broken PDF (if that's the case), or
> 2) make xelatex accept the PDF produced by GS as described above.

Here's a merge request that reverts the commit and the follow-up fixes:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/176

To be clear: I'm not happy doing this, I very much liked Han-Wen's
idea. But breaking the documentation build on a pretty standard
configuration is not the outcome I had hoped for...

Jonas