Re: failing CI builds

From: James
Subject: Re: failing CI builds
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 11:47:42 +0100

Jonas

On 26/06/2020 22:36, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
Hi all,

at least the following two MRs experience strange failures in CI:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/191
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/201

The latter one is mine and I can reproduce this on my own runner, which
means I can get the log files easily and even connect from the host
with gdb and get a bracktrace (see attached files). It's failing
somewhere deep inside libguile.so - any ideas?

When comparing the build artifacts, I noticed that the output files in
mf/ are not reproducible. I'm not sure if that is related, but the
lilypond binary itself is reproducible and the container image is for
sure, so it has to be something else.

I tried to build everything (as I used to) but using manual step-by-step.

After make/make test-baseline from current master, I then applied MR 191 (which applied OK) and then after runing a config -recheck and touching config.h the next step in my 'full' build process is to make sure that the makelsr snippets works (I do this to cover any patches that include changes to snippets new, if the patch doesn't then it is just a few more seconds wasted nothing more.

However during a makelsr run I am seeing this

..

makelsr.py: writing Documentation/snippets/modifying-tuplet-bracket-length.ly
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/out/bin/convert-ly", line 65, in <module>
    import lilylib as ly
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lilylib'

..

for some snippets. But the script completes.

Then I make clean test-clean and doc-clean and start a new make, make check and make doc (with the patch applied).

It all completes without any problems.

James

Jonas