Re: font problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: font problems
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 10:16:34 +0200 (CEST)

> We're talking about different objectives here: CI is concerned
> *that* something can be built, but the *what* is discarded on
> success.

Understood now, thanks.  However, I still think it simplifies
debugging if the right fonts *are* in the docker image.

> So everything added but not needed for building is just wasting
> storage.

OK.  Could you please send me the list of available fonts in the
docker image?

>> Some problematic cases that I listed are part of the NR, and I see
>> absolutely no reason to have doc builds on different system use
>> different fonts.
>
> That's an entirely different problem and has nothing to do with
> Docker and GitLab CI, which you used as the motivation.

This was bad wording then on my side, sorry.  However, IMHO, it
belongs together, but you are right that for checking a valid build it
is not necessary to have all fonts in the docker image.

BTW, another issue is the use of non-free fonts in the documentation;
I will replace them with free ones.

    Werner