Re: Laptop 'broken' - make check no possible at this time

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Laptop 'broken' - make check no possible at this time
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 18:38:47 +0100

Hi James, all,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.11.2020, 10:48 +0000 schrieb James:
> Hello,
>
> Last night my laptop's CPU fan stopped working (in quite spectacular and
> noisy fashion!).
>
> I still tried to make check and even using a single CPU Job was too much
> for it and I got a ton of 'CPU excess heat' messages reported. I really
> don't want to risk overheating those 8 cores, and have a new fan on
> order but it will take ~week or so to arrive.
>
> That means I cannot do any MR checks at this time, although I can do the
> countdown as normal.
>
> So I'll need someone to step in for now, or you'll have to wait until
> the replacement arrives.

I can help with some testing, but strictly limited to the evenings (and
maybe parts of the weekend) since I started working full-time last
week. I'll focus on getting MRs from New to Review and leave the rest
of the countdown to you.

Jonas

> Very sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> James

P.S. I resumed work on automating 'make check' using the CI system end
of October and a first prototype is up in my fork, but there are still
spurious regtest differences that I have to look into, so nothing that
we could switch to immediately.