Re: Issue regarding Graphviz and local compilation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Issue regarding Graphviz and local compilation
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 00:53:44 +0100

Am Mo., 16. Nov. 2020 um 23:55 Uhr schrieb Dan Eble <dan@faithful.be>:

> On Nov 16, 2020, at 15:49, jordankusel via Discussions on LilyPond
> development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > even tried overriding `../configure` with `--prefix=/usr/local` to declare
> > this explicitly. Ideally, I'd like to install using the method outlined in
> > section
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/tracing-object-relationships
> >  to enable the use of Graphviz for familiarizing myself with the codebase.
>
> Welcome, Jordan.
>
> I had no idea that such a thing existed.  Unless someone with more tenure has
> something to say about it, I would assume that that procedure has not been
> followed in a while and might need to be debugged and revised.
>
> Dan

Being on Ubuntu 20.04, I did:

git checkout master
git fetch
git pull -r
rm -fr build/
sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
mkdir -p build/
cd build/
../configure --enable-checking
make -j5 CPU_COUNT=5
out/bin/lilypond ../input/regression/graphviz.ly 2> graphviz.log
gedit graphviz.log    [Editing the .log following CG]
dot -Tpdf graphviz.log > graphviz.pdf
evince graphviz.pdf

and got the attached pdf. Looks ok to me.

sudo make install
was successful as well.

So I can't reproduce the problem.

Sorry, to be of not more help,