Re: [RFC] Automatic 'make check' in CI

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [RFC] Automatic 'make check' in CI
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:30:34 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2020, 21:49 -0500 schrieb Dan Eble:
> On Nov 18, 2020, at 15:25, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> >
> > Until then, we need to rebase to adapt the MR commits to the
> > available test-baseline.
>
> Do you mean that we would need to rebase to master before any push that
> updates an MR?

At the very least if there were changes to regression tests added to
master in the mean time and you don't want them to appear as in your
run of "make check". So always doing this should be a safe default
(even if this renders the "Compare with previous version" kind of
useless; some compromise we have to make here...)

> I could live with that.
>
> Thanks for the work you've put into this.  It's going to be helpful.

So OK to start with the initial version and improve upon that in
smaller steps?

Jonas