State of 2.22

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: State of 2.22
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 20:08:53 +0100

Hi all,

it's been three weeks since 2.21.80 as the first release candidate for
the next stable 2.22.0 and there were no (valid) reports about bugs
that are new in that version compared to 2.20 (as far as I'm aware).
That said, I'd still like to propose that we release 2.21.81 as the
second and final release candidate soon-ish.
Afterwards I'll stop backporting fixes to avoid introducing other
issues and we could have the final release in mid-December, unless
something serious gets reported.

The translations look mostly ok, at least for the usual suspects (es,
fr, it, ja). The process can of course continue as usual via the
translation branch. If possible, it would be great to update the
Changes document, I'll try to find the motivation for translating it
into de...

Anybody disagreeing with this plan? Translators, please let me know if
you need more time.

Regards,
Jonas