Re: [PoC] EXPERIMENTAL binaries of LilyPond 2.22.1

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [PoC] EXPERIMENTAL binaries of LilyPond 2.22.1
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 19:40:05 +0200

Am Freitag, dem 14.05.2021 um 19:24 +0200 schrieb Lukas-Fabian Moser:
> Looks like Unicode alright,

I agree (can't properly quote the rest because the plain message is
very unreadable, only the HTML part is fine...)

> but frankly I'm surprised that plain gcc's char type and printf seem
> to be able to deal with multi-byte characters. But this probably has
> to do with the fact that this was my first #include "stdio.h" since
> (I think) 1998, and the world has moved on...

I don't think "char *" and printf care, they just pass on the binary
data as-is. The glyph rendering is what has to deal with the encoding
in the end...

> (Just to be sure: Are you sure you let Frescobaldi compile the actual
> file and not Frescobaldi's temporary copy?)

Quite: I created the files outside of Frescobaldi and only opened and
compiled them from there. As far as I understand, Frescobaldi compiles
a temporary copy if I have unsaved modifications? At least then I get a
path in /tmp/, but the filename still has the special characters...

Jonas