Re: A disappointing C++ error

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: A disappointing C++ error
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:29:30 +0200

Le 08/06/2021 à 02:04, David Kastrup a écrit :
David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

Well, the problem appears to be that there were so few eligible
conversions that I (and nobody else) bothered actually putting the code
into lily-guile.hh.  Hm.

unsmob<Moment> (get_property (this, "baseMoment"))

?

I've gotten into the habit that grobs should be unpacked
with unsmob<Grob>. I don't know enough about C++ to say
much more. Isn't it because unpacking them in a C++ value
as opposed to a pointer would require a copy and make the
grob orphan with respect to parents and such?

Then we have Moment, which is both a smob type and cheap
enough to be unpacked with a copy. Not sure what should
be done.

My 2 cents, and probably not very relevant if not just wrong…
Jean