Re: Please review Pygments lexer and style

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Please review Pygments lexer and style
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:36:43 +0200

Le 23/06/2021 à 19:03, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
Le 23/06/2021 à 18:53, Dan Eble a écrit :
Not a bad idea, but -1 for the use of light colors on white: silver, yellow, sky blue, etc.

What is the minimum set of distinctions that is likely to do more good than harm?  The example is a little overwhelming.

(All MHO.)

I should probably find something else for pitches and
durations. The example does look overwhelming, but it
was intentionally constructed as a showcase for many
pieces of syntax and builtins. A typical score mostly
consists of long runs of pitches and durations interspersed
with articulations and commands, so I think making many
distinctions should be fine as long as the most common
parts of the syntax have colors that are easy enough
to read.

Here is a new "patch set".

- New colors for pitches, articulations and some others.
- Darker colors overall.
- No distinction between dynamics and other articulations, nor between \header and \paper variables, nor music functions and music shortcuts.

How does this look? I've been staring at it for too long to even see if it's acceptable.

Thanks,
Jean