Re: Capitalized text

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Capitalized text
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 20:01:41 -0400

On Jun 28, 2021, at 09:11, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

>>   TH. I plan to try enabling small caps and adding the option to
>>   transform to *lowercase* in text-interface to avoid a larger "C" in
>>   "CODA".
>
>   I'd make a forced-case property taking values 'upper, 'lower or  '().
>   That should be almost free compared to just lowercasing, and would
>   support cases where small capitals are either nonexistent or ugly in
>   the chosen text font. There could also be use cases in bookTitleMarkup.

Today, I learned that OpenType has a feature to make capital letters small.
Setting smcp and c2sc features together renders all letters in small caps
regardless of the underlying capitalization.

Good news, right? but I also learned that LilyPond's default font doesn't have
these features.  At least, I don't see them in my development environment.

It's back to the original plan of transforming the string to uppercase.
—
Dan