Re: lilypond x64 and arm64 for macOS users in homebrew

From: Jefferson Felix
Subject: Re: lilypond x64 and arm64 for macOS users in homebrew
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 15:06:12 -0300

Ok! I think we will merge lilypond in homebrew@core in the next week.
I was thinking about waiting for the opinion from this community about
guile 2, but in case there aren't any more manifestations, we will be
publishing lilypond with guile 2 in homebrew in that way.
The most complex job to make this happen was to create a formula for
TeXLive. After more than 40 days of discussions on github, we were able to
create a TeXLive distribution for homebrew, including a contribution from a
TeX developer.
We don't expect the distribution of Lilypond in homebrew to be official,
but it will certainly be an important way to get Lilypond in a simple and
practical way for macOS users.

Thanks!

--
---