Re: markup-command rounded-box is broken

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: markup-command rounded-box is broken
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:06:32 +0200

this would have the advantage to be inline with the doc-string and
solve the issue at hand.
Should I prepare a MR?
Though, speaking of refactoring rounded-box-stencil.
It always bugs me to see some stencil overlaying to get a simple line.

Yes, that's an obvious and unpleasant limitation: Something that should behave as transparent (cut-out of another object) is mimicked by a hardcoded white area.

I'm not sure this can be remedied easily. I don't understand much of the output code, but my impression is that filled-rounded-boxes are created by using corresponding features of the respective output engine (PS interpreters, SVG standard, Cairo). I may be wrong, but this would seem to indicate that, for an actual solution, one would either need actual nonfilled-rounded-box support in all these engines, or instead a way to remove parts of an already drawn stencil.

But I'm happy to be corrected by those who understand the workings of the output engines.

Lukas