Re: CI doesn't catch changes in autogenerated documentation

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: CI doesn't catch changes in autogenerated documentation
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 14:40:23 +0200 (CEST)

   Le 22/10/2021 13:04, David Kastrup <[1]dak@gnu.org> a écrit :

   David Kastrup <[2]dak@gnu.org> writes:

   I just had the pipeline run

   [3]https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/pipelines/393509219

   finish. This change adds engravers/performers including engraver

   information, stuff that is extracted into the IR. It also adds a

   regtest.

   However, the CI decided to skip generation of the documentation which

   presumably means that the documentation will not be updated until after

   some other change adds documentation.

   Wait: I don't see any documentation run for a master merge in the last

   week. Does the master merge take the artifacts generated by the final

   test run of the branch instead?

   In that case, this report would be invalid.

   My understanding is that CI runs done on master are only intended to
   generate the test baseline. Documentation is irrelevant. Pipelines from
   merge requests do make doc.

   What does "the documentation will not be updated" mean? The
   documentation on the website is only updated with every release.

   Best,

   Jean