Re: @version discrepancy when titling some LP website pages

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: @version discrepancy when titling some LP website pages
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 14:06:11 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 23.10.2021 um 11:18 +0000 schrieb James:
> See: https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/web/manuals.html
>
> and
>
> https://lilypond.org/development.html
>
> I'd expect that the 'title' of both pages to be the same. I.e. the
> former says 'Manuals for LilyPond 2.23.4' the latter 'Development for
> LilyPond for LilyPond 2.23.3'.
>
> Is this something that can (should?) be fixed?

The reason is that the "main" website at lilypond.org was not updated
after the release of 2.23.4 as discussed here:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/957#note_700666244
ie the latter should also say 2.23.4 by now.

> I did a quick git grep
>
> git grep "Development for LilyPond"
> Documentation/en/web/community.itexi:@heading Development for LilyPond
> @versionDevel
> Documentation/zh/web/community.itexi:@heading Development for LilyPond
> @versionDevel
>
> git grep "Manuals for LilyPond"
>
> Documentation/en/web/manuals.itexi:  @heading Manuals for LilyPond @version
> Documentation/en/web/manuals.itexi:  @heading Manuals for LilyPond
> @versionStable
>
> So it looks like we have three @version possibilities rather than, what
> I expected, was two and maybe this is the root of the discrepancy?

In principle yes, in practice there should never (or only for a very
short amount of time) be a released version of LilyPond that is not one
of @versionDevel or @versionStable.

Jonas