Re: Question on LilyDev3 mkosi/debian/mkosi.postinst script

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Question on LilyDev3 mkosi/debian/mkosi.postinst script
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 12:57:58 +0100

Hi John,
I am responsible for changing the line you mentioned in 'mkosi.postinst'.
See https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/pull/14

tl;dr; It did not work the way it was intended before this change (but
for you it did work as you copied and pasted it instead of piping it
through `cat`)

The thing is that it is part of a 'heredoc' string, which is written to
.bashrc.
Without escaping the '$', the shell will evaluate the result of

$(declare -F __git_ps1 &>/dev/null && __git_ps1 " (%s)")

before writing to .bashrc, which is not what we want.
Instead it should evaluate it at runtime.

So you should simply remove the backslash before $(declare ...

All the best,
Michael