Re: RFC: Adding syntax highlighting to the official documentation

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: RFC: Adding syntax highlighting to the official documentation
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 23:07:55 +0100

Le 29/12/2021 à 00:39, Thomas Morley a écrit :
Am Di., 28. Dez. 2021 um 22:22 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:
On the merge request, Dan proposed the attached style. What do you think?

Thanks,
Jean
Well, I use jEdit for my own work. There I use a highly customized
syntax highlighting:
Many different colors and apart from comments all is bold (due to
increasing deterioration of my eyes, I'm getting old...)

Though, in the proposed style only things like \glissandoSkipOn use a
somehow red color.
For me red is a color to signal something important or a warning. It
looks like \glissandoSkipOn and friends would be the most important
things in the file.
Otoh, I don't think you can satisfy everyone's wishes. On colors I
have not a too strong opinion.

Alas, using italic makes it more difficult for me to read the file, it
disturbs and distracts me. I strongly object using it.

OK, thanks for the feedback. This is quite similar
to the sentiment I was forming on this style.

What about the original one, I mean, the one
starting this thread? As I understand it, Dan
tried less colors because there was a lot of
blue and black was easier to read. Maybe it
will be better with some kind of green? I don't
know if it's just me with this impression or
not; a test is attached.

Once we have settled on a scheme, I'll ask
for feedback on the user list.

Cheers,
Jean