Re: Discussion: Improved Scheme interface for finding contexts

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Discussion: Improved Scheme interface for finding contexts
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:12:08 -0500

On Jan 11, 2022, at 11:35, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> (ly:context-find-id context)
>    (No direction: there cannot be two contexts with the
>    same ID, can there?  I cannot imagine

Allow me:

<<
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "RH" ...
    \new Staff = "LH" ...

  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "RH" ...
    \new Staff = "LH" ...

Another example is a user who uses \partCombine in more than one Staff.  There
will be multiple Voices with the same ID because they are baked into the
implementation:

     #{ \context Staff <<
          \context Voice = "one" \with #one-context-settings { #skip }
          \context Voice = "two" \with #two-context-settings { #skip }
          \context Voice = "shared" \with #shared-context-settings { #skip }
          \context Voice = "solo" { #skip }
          \context NullVoice = "null" { #skip }
          #pc-music
          #(make-part-combine-marks
            default-part-combine-mark-state-machine split-list)
        >> #} ))

—
Dan