Re: Could we do something to promote convert-ly?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Could we do something to promote convert-ly?
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 20:42:44 +0100

Le 08/02/2022 à 20:37, David Kastrup a écrit :
Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

Different major number.  Possibly also odd major number and different
minor number, but I guess stable releases are done frequently enough
these days that it's unlikely a distribution will package an unstable
one.

Uh, in fact we mean the same -- in 2.23.7, I was calling "23"
the minor number. I don't know if this terminology is
well-standardized. Anyway, we agree.

Odd "23" and different "7" is likely a worthy addition. With
the release of 2.23.6, I suspect we are going to get a number
of users on the unstable release because they are running
a macOS that cannot work with 32-bit binaries.

I think we should very much avoid syntax changes within an even major
number.

Absolutely.