Repeat count as "ij" in Gregorian chant

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Repeat count as "ij" in Gregorian chant
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 16:42:13 -0500

Please see merge request 1235 [1] for an image of a repeat count for Gregorian
chant that is generated according to \repeat in the ly code.

I learned of this notation only recently and I don't expect to use it myself
except as a way to test LilyPond's data flow.  Is anyone here interested in
specifying the minimum features that this counter must have to deserve a place
in LilyPond?  I already know about the conflict between using BarLine or
BreathingSign for divisions, and I hope to resolve that eventually.  What about
the counter per se?

Thanks and regards,
—
Dan