Alteration value in localAlterations can now be 'tied?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Alteration value in localAlterations can now be 'tied?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:57:41 +0100

Hello everybody,

I hope it is appropriate for me to post this here, I haven’t closely followed development for a long time.

I have a custom accidental style following 18th century usage (example attached) which fails in 2.23.6 because the internals have changed. Namely, for the sixth note in the attached example, the alteration value query returns the symbol tied instead of a number.

I’ve tried to find the merge request or issue corresponding to this change, and haven’t found anything. Even looking directly at <https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/scm/music-functions.scm#L1696> shows no change. Can someone point me in the right direction to understand how I should adapt my code?

I do think this accidental style might be a worthwhile addition to openLilyLib or even to LilyPond itself, but I’m not sure the coding is good enough.

Best, Simon