Re: unusable backtrace

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: unusable backtrace
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 22:09:46 +0000 (UTC)

> Byte-compilation, I guess.  I seem to recall that Guile 2 uses
> primitive-eval to run code that is not byte-compiled, and this loses
> the location information.  Generally speaking, running code without
> compilation seems to be preserved for the sake of eval but not
> well-supported at all. Try 'make bytecode'.

Thanks.  I noticed two issues.

* The compilation output says, for example,

  ```
  ;;; compiling
/home/wl/lilypond/out/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily/graphviz.scm
  ;;; compiled
/home/wl/lilypond/out/share/lilypond/current/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/home/wl/lilypond/scm/graphviz.scm.go
  ```

  This is strange: What does '2.2-LE-8-3.A' mean?  Why do I get two
  paths concatenated?  Additionally, the `.go` files are put into
  `/home/wl/lilypond/scm/out`

* `make install` doesn't install `.go` files.  I seem to remember that
  this was discussed...  I now wonder how to proceed with an installed
  LilyPond version.

    Werner