Re: Fw: LilyPond's 'oldEE' accordion symbol

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: Re: Fw: LilyPond's 'oldEE' accordion symbol
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:03:57 +0200

The publication is only the front page and 6 pages of music, so there is no
editorial. But I have quite a lot of accordion sheet music, so I will have
a look and see if I can find something this weekend. A quick google search
found a discussion, but not a very good description. See below. Please
email me directly if you have more questions since I am not on the devel
list.

https://www.accordionists.info/threads/old-accordion-register-notation.6184/

> The Frosini book is compiled of reprinted material from the 1930's and
> 40's. I have a replica of one of the old accordions with only one switch.
> It would merely mute the lower set(s) of reeds. So R would mean full
> voice and * would indicate that the lower voice should be muted.

Tom Cato

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <tca@gnu.org>                 http://www.solfege.org/
GNU Solfege - free ear training    http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/