Re: C++ question on wrapper API for setting Guile fluids

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: C++ question on wrapper API for setting Guile fluids
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:54:52 +0200

Le 21/04/2022 à 12:47, David Kastrup a écrit :
So what one would want is a C++ wrapper working with functionals?

My criterion is rather convenience. scm_c_with_fluid could
be convenient if I could use it with a lambda. However, I cannot,
I'd need to define a separate function every time, taking void *
and casting that to some struct where needed local variables
are stored. For repeated use, that is a nuisance.

So this needs an interface that is easier to use, whether it uses
RAII or functionals or something else. Current talks in this thread
favor the RAII approach.