Re: Thinking about the next stable release

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Thinking about the next stable release
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 20:18:14 +0200

On Thu, 2022-05-26 at 18:43 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> Le 26/05/2022 à 18:40, Jean-Charles Malahieude a écrit :
> > If you'd prefer to have the documentation duly translated, it is
> > preferable to let some time for the job to be accomplished.
>
> Well, we're talking about a stable release before end of the
> year. I don't see any reason that translation updates couldn't
> continue to be cherry-picked in the stable release branch
> until the day before the release -- it's not like they're
> code fixes requiring care about stability.

For stable/2.22 we did it the other way around, ie translations were
done in the stable branch and then cherry-picked into master for each
beta release. I think this is the only way that makes sense because
master might gain new features that are getting documented in the NR.
Having them in the translated material would make cherry-picking a non-
trivial task that only the translator could do...

Jonas