Re: Adding scheme interfaces without using them?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Adding scheme interfaces without using them?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 22:35:18 +0200

Le sam., juin 25 2022 at 22:30:38 +0200, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> a écrit :

Le sam., juin 25 2022 at 20:27:11 +0200, Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> a écrit :
Folks,

is it acceptable to submit a MR that adds a scheme interface to some C++ routine without using that new interface in LilyPond proper?

In my case, I made Bezier::solve_point Scheme-visible for some work project of mine that is too spezialized to submit as a MR (at least for the time being). But without the addition of ly:bezier-solve-point in Scheme, I can only ever engrave my work project with a custom-compiled LilyPond differing from Master.

Well ... I am very much in favor, and historically it is
the way it has been done, but there is no consensus in
the current team. See
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1126
for the latest iteration of this discussion.

Ah, sorry, I should have re-read the MR more carefully.
You commented on it, so I didn't teach you anything new.