Re: Syntax highlighting of a new grob name

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting of a new grob name
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 21:25:01 +0200

Le 04/09/2022 à 21:15, Dan Eble a écrit :
I am trying to document \caesura in the Notation Reference.

I have just made the docs starting from a clean build directory.

I see that CaesuraScript is highlighted differently than other grob names in
this text:

     \override Score.Script.color = ...
     \override Score.MultiMesaureRestScript.color = ...
     \override Score.CaesuraScript.color = ...

Can I do something to address this?  TIA.

No; the grob names are defined in a file in Pygments
(pygments/lexers/_lilypond_builtins.py) that is autogenerated
from LilyPond, but not dynamically. It's updated from time to
time in Pygments and from time to time a new release of Pygments
is used in the doc build (I've been procrastinating for the update
to the latest release for a week, but now that I said it I'll
need to do it this evening :-).

I still have a project to implement a LilyPond option that would
print out a JSON (or whatever) of all grob/property/context/...
names, for use by Pygments, Frescobaldi and such, and this would
potentially allow dynamic generation in the doc build, but I never
had the time combined with motivation to finish it.

Jean