Re: using '[skip ci]'?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: using '[skip ci]'?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 15:22:42 +0200

Le 27/09/2022 à 17:39, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
I've just submitted

   https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1643

to improve `makelsr.pl`.  Running CI for this MR is a waste of
resources because this script is not part of the normal build and test
cycle – we could add `[skip ci]` to avoid that.  Shall I do that for
this commit and similar ones in the future?

Can you make it so that it'll skip CI in the initial MR upload
and in subsequent iterations, but still spawn a pipeline when
merging?

As long as we aren't short on CI resources, I prefer keeping
the rule that a change is only merged to master after a successful
pipeline, because it's too easy to think "this is trivial" when
it does contain a mistake, and one of the great things about
CI running in the background is that you don't need to make
this decision anymore.

Jean