Re: LSR changes for \textMark/\textEndMark

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR changes for \textMark/\textEndMark
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:37:44 +0200

Am Mi., 28. Sept. 2022 um 14:32 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra
<jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> Le 27/09/2022 à 22:07, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
> > Le 27/09/2022 à 21:05, Thomas Morley a écrit :
> >> Hi Jean,
> >>
> >> will do.
> >> Is it urgent? I'll have not much time before weekend.
> >

> > By the way, it would be great if I could submit the
> > edits myself to LSR, but I haven't found a way to do
> > so. Apparently, I can only submit new snippets.
>

> Upon suggestion from Harm, I have been made an LSR editor now,
> so I'll do the edits myself.
>
> Harm, when I remove the doc tag from a snippet, is there a
> convention for marking that it should be deleted when LSR
> is upgraded to 2.24?
>
> Thanks,
> Jean

There's no convention.
Though, some users will probably not have noticed 2.24.-possibilities
and still try to use those snippets.
Thus my suggestion:
For now I'd add [deprecated in 2.24.] to the title and tag it with
"legacy-code".
While moving LSR to 2.24. I'd change the snippets code using
2.24.-syntax/features.
And delete them after a while.

Cheers,
  Harm