Updated release schedule

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Updated release schedule
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 23:08:57 +0200

Hi all,

after the recent events and the plan to proceed with the preparations
for releasing a new stable version 2.24, here is an updated release
schedule. Again, if there are good reasons, I think we can and should
change it. FWIW you can find the original plan in the archives:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2022-08/msg00032.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2022-08/msg00115.html

Wednesday, October 12: Branch stable/2.24 unless we get some serious
problem reports for 2.23.14

[ branch is frozen, no new features or syntax changes; master is bumped
to 2.25.0 and is open again for development; I will pick fixes into the
stable branch; translation work continues on the stable branch and I'll
synchronize back to master during the releases ]

Weekend of October 22/23: first release candidate LilyPond 2.23.80

Weekend of November 12/13: second release candidate LilyPond 2.23.81

Begin of December: final LilyPond 2.24.0; unless we need another
release candidate 2.23.82

Yes, I'm trying to slightly shorten the timeline to three weeks between
the release candidates in an attempt to get a release before the end of
the year. We will see how this will work out...

Cheers,
Jonas