Re: Broken commit IDs in French translation

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Broken commit IDs in French translation
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:57:53 +0100

Le 05/11/2022 à 18:39, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :

Le 05/11/2022 à 17:26, Jean-Charles Malahieude a écrit :
Le 03/11/2022 à 21:31, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
Hi Jean-Charles,

What is your procedure for filling in commit IDs in translated
files? It looks like a number of them don't exist in the repository.

I either copy what is returned by "git rev-parse HEAD" or then content of the "Id SHA1" field  in gitk.

I don't know whats is going wrong.

Does it happen that you insert the ID of a commit that is in your branch but not in master yet?

Because of what you say below, it happens to have been a /bad/ habit…

Our workflow is based on rebasing one's branch just before merging, and rebasing changes commit IDs (more precisely, because Git commits are immutable, it creates new commits with different IDs).

In the old times the Translation branch was merged without rebasing.
I would then adapt CG-5.9.3 to state that the ID to pick *must be* the latest on master, before any update and commit.

Jean-Charles