Re: pygment regex question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: pygment regex question
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 10:07:22 +0000 (UTC)

>> However,
>>
>> \musicFunction 4
>>
>> could be an integer or a duration, and
>>
>> \musicFunction -4
>>
>> could be an integer or a fingering, depending on how musicFunction
>> is defined, [...]
>
> Thanks, I didn't think of music functions.

In the NR, most such functions have its argument starting with `#`,
for example

```
\ottava #-2
```

Are there still cases where `#` is mandatory for numbers?  Otherwise
the documentation could be updated to remove all `#`.

BTW, I tried to look up details on `#`, and I see that neither the
Notation Reference nor the Learning Manual has a proper explanation
how to use the hash sign with respect to numbers.  I faintly remember
(not sure that I'm right) that David K. has worked on making it
possible to use numbers without `#` as music function arguments, but I
can't find a NEWS entry for that.

    Werner