Re: Another user complaint about incompatible mark-like events

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Another user complaint about incompatible mark-like events
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 12:00:13 -0500

On Dec 3, 2022, at 08:48, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> It rejects the \sectionLabel that comes at the same
> time as an implicit \codaMark.
>
> Should this be supported, or is there a reasoning that
> I am missing?

It's the same concern as from the beginning: I was reluctant to allow assigning
multiple labels to the same moment in a performance because of known and
unknown complications.

For example, if a moment were marked with both π„Œ and Part II, what should the
jump text say?

    D.C. al π„Œ e poi la Coda
    D.C. al Part II e poi la Coda
    D.C. al π„ŒPart II e poi la Coda

Automating that was not something I was willing to struggle with.

> Of course, for now one can use
>
> \tweak font-size 1.5 \textMark "Part II"

If the score must have a coda mark and a section label at the same point, I
think that is a reasonable recommendation for 2.24.
β€”
Dan