Plan for releasing 2.24.0

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Plan for releasing 2.24.0
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 20:08:15 +0100

Hi all,

I am not aware of Critical issues that would block our stable release.
We know about some problems, especially on Windows (crashes with very
large scores, -dcompile-scheme-code not working), but we decided that
we will release regardless and try to fix them in later versions. If
there is anything that I missed, now is the time to speak up.

Otherwise I propose we do the following:

Until Sunday, December 11th:
 - merge https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1710 and
other release preparations (VERSION, convert-ly rule, something else?)
 - backport the remaining "safe" changes (currently !1747, one commit
from !1751, !1752)
 - finish translated documentation (in particular Changes and Web)

Either Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th:
 - build the binaries and documentation
 - upload to GitLab and test collectively

Thursday 15th:
 - create and announce release

Let me know if I forgot anything.

Jonas