Re: LilyPond 2.24.0 released!

From: Hendursaga
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.24.0 released!
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:34:30 -0500

Jonas Hahnfeld via LilyPond user discussion <lilypond-user@gnu.org> writes:

> We are proud to announce the release of GNU LilyPond 2.24.0.

Congrats on the new release!

> This release switches to Guile 2.2 and features a completely rewritten
> infrastructure for creating the official packages, finally allowing us to
> offer 64-bit binaries for macOS and Windows.

Completely rewritten, you say? Hopefully that will make it easier to update the
GNU Guix package for LilyPond! Does that include changes to how the
documentation gets built? That was my biggest hurdle trying to get the patch to
work! Removing the steps to build the docs allowed me to proceed - I even got
(some) things to work under Guile 3.0 and with a REPL server coupled with
Geiser!

Speaking of Guile 3.0, I presume the next stable LilyPond release would
"officially" work with it? Or is that further down the road?

~ Hendursaga